Urgent Call to Action: Share Your Caregiver Program Experiences with Congress
Dear Veterans, Families, and Caregivers,
As we navigate through the intricacies of the Caregiver Program, it has become increasingly clear that your voices are crucial in influencing positive change. Your experiences and struggles are powerful tools that can shape policies for the betterment of all.
We invite you to participate in a vital initiative to share your stories with Congress, shedding light on the significance of the Caregiver Program and the challenges faced in applying for it. Your personal narratives can illuminate this program's indispensable role in the lives of veterans, families, and caregivers.
Why Your Voice Matters:
- Impactful Testimonies: Personal stories carry immense weight in influencing decision-makers. Share how the Caregiver Program has made a difference in your life or the life of a loved one, and what life for the veteran would look like without a caregiver.
- Highlight Challenges: Consider the difficulties encountered during the application process, wellness assessments, and/or annual reassessment. Your insights can pinpoint areas for improvement and reform within the system.
- Address Program Purges: Share your experiences dealing with the relentless purges and how they have affected your family. This is an opportunity to underscore the program's legacy and advocate for its preservation.
Urgency of Action:
Time is of the essence. New rules will be unveiled this summer, and your voices can help shape these regulations better to serve the needs of veterans and their families. Your letters will be a powerful testimony to the importance of maintaining and enhancing the Caregiver Program.
1. Write Your Letter: Pour your heart into a letter detailing your experiences with the Caregiver Program. Be candid about the challenges and triumphs you have faced.
2. Submit by January 31st: We urge you to submit your letters by January 31 to ensure they reach Congress in time to influence the upcoming decisions.
3. Consider Joining Us in D.C: For those able to attend, tentatively keep your calendars open for the end of April/beginning of May 2024, for a crucial Federal Advisory Committee meeting in Washington, D.C. It's a great time to unite to make your collective voices heard and pack the house with advocates for the Caregiver Program. We will post the finalized dates as soon as they are available.
Your participation can be a catalyst for change. Together, let's ensure that the Caregiver Program continues to provide the support and care our veterans and their families deserve.
Thank you for your dedication and commitment to this important cause.
Be the Change,
Caregiver Boots on the Ground Team